Sunday 13 March 2022

.Meet- 'Indie'

 Meet Indie
Last year I felt the need to buy one of these. Its a compressor for filling my diving cylinders. Since having it Im amazed I never got one before. The feeling of being independent is immense. Let me explain- I have been here hunting for shipwrecks for 23 years now and been pretty successful at it on a very small budget. But through all that time I have always used a local supplier. The trouble is here is that then that person thinks they have some kind of control over your diving. You let them live in their silly little deluded world and be nice but there is always the threat that they will cut off your supply if you upset them in some way. This happened to me once in 2001- and indeed for a short while I couldnt dive. Lesson learnt. Then another group of people took over the supply and all was well as one of the group would always fill my cylinders. There has, however, always been one among that group who, in my opinion,.had always been a bit unreasonable   As time went by all the others in the group who owned the compressor slowly drifted away for one reason or another-leaving the unreasonable one to run the air bank alone. Here is where everyone's problems started. Prices suddenly rocketed up and Tanks didnt get filled. Not a very good service at all.. Of all the independent divers out here at the time I was by far the best customer but in the end I'd had enough of the crap service that we had been left with and so bought myself one of these to get away. I call it- "Indie"  -as it gives me total independence from all the idiots out there who think they have control over your diving. Its bloody wonderful, easy to use and simple to maintain. I set up and getting it pumping then sit in the sun reading a book while my tanks are filled. I can then dive where the hell I damn well please and if it upsets anyone- then tough!. So those who think they are taking control by becoming a monopoly actually drive you into independence where they no longer have any control. You have no idea how funny that is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment