Monday 19 September 2022

An update.


I went away to the mainland recently to visit the Globe theater. I just love shakespeare and always wanted to visit the new globe- but being as its only open in summer, this makes it very difficult to get away. However my wife booked seats to see Henry the 8th. I thought it was great apart from they corrupted the story to include some Feminist nonsense. I do wish these people would leave things alone, the play was perfect the way it was written. I have a message for those who indulge in this kind of crap-"YOU ARE NOT VICTIMS"  -and write your own plays- tho I bet noone would come to see them! 


While we were in London we saw the queues to see the queen. I did not feel the need to join them as i appreciated in my heart everything our wonderful queen did for us all. We also went to see  the inside workings of Tower bridge. Loved that too. The bridge raising mechanics are a work of art. See video below




It had 2 Boilers just like those found on old steamship shipwrecks


Had a couple of dips where this was anchored up. The devastation it left on the sea bed was incredible. It started with a hole 20ft long X 10ft wide X 4ft deep. from there 3 banks of sand ran for about 200meters. The banks were about 18inxches high and between them were the propellor marks. Then there was the anchor grooves and a vast area where the keel left many shallow grooves as the vessel swung on the tide. Not complaining tho-lots of goodies being uncovered like old bottles and clay pipes 


This sketch is a representation of the hole & Propellor marks


In other news-
Before I went away- I also had a little dip on the Pheonix  and found a strange object in the rocks just north of the cannon pile on the wreck. (sank in 1680)  I have no idea what it is. My guess is it being the remains of some kind of small arms. If anyone out there knows what this is I'd be very grateful to hear?  It is very well worn down by sea and sand after being exposed for over 300 years. Images of it below-






 

No comments:

Post a Comment