Thursday 13 October 2022

Meeting celebs.


Being a wreck hunter and having interesting finds along the way inevitably attracts the media. With that comes meeting a few celebrities along the way. When I found the Colossus stern, I met members of the Time Team and most notably Tony Robinson whom interviewed me during filming. That was my first experience of being in the media but it was not at a good time for me. Which was a shame as I would have liked to enjoyed the experience of meeting Baldrick more than i did but my head was elsewhere. Sadly I cant find a video of the Time Team special on youtube to show you.


I later found myself on radio 4's early music show and was on that for a full hour regarding the story of Ann Cargill & the Wreck of the nancy packet  but this blog wont take audio so, instead, heres a short news video of  (7) Wreck of the Nancy Packet - YouTube   I also got to know Miranda Krestovnikov at this time too who stayed at our house when filming here about the Pirate John Mucknell. She was so dedicated that to save time she even came in to breakfast wearing her wet suit! Later she endorced my Pirate Mucknell book by writing the forward. A really lovely lass.  

All through the years world renown underwater cameraman Mike Pitts came to Scilly regularly-occasionly to film for news or programs of some sort. Every time he came here, he would look me up and ask if I had any interesting finds he could dive and get photographs of- and so I got to know him fairly well. A nice guy and I have some nice images that he took of some of my finds underwater- like Colossus stern carving  & the huge anchor we found over by Nut Rock. Here he is on my boat Buccaneer.  News video- (7) HMS Colossus shipwreck carving - YouTube

 
Twice I have had the one show over covering projects of mine. Heres one of their presenters Iwan Thomas who was previously an athlete sprinter. He came over to film work being done on a Tudor shipwreck I found in St Mary's Roadstead. Video- Flying Joan shipwreck? - YouTube

One time I was featured on 'Britains secret treasures' with Mary Ann Ococha. Here she is interviewing me at my previous home for that program. This one is on youtube- (7) HMS Colossus shipwreck - YouTube Mike Pitts filmed this one as well and he is also in the picture below.




No comments:

Post a Comment