Thursday 13 April 2023

Bit Lively.


 Been a bit lively over the last few days with very strong winds and high seas. I had a few people set to come over for a meeting but they have had to postpone until the gale has abated. Still, it all looked very dramatic out there and when the sun came out to light it all up- it looked just beautiful! Anyway, I was walking the dog around the Garrison near my home and as I passed by one of my wreck finds at low tide, I watched the waves going over the spot. Realising there was a anchor from the wreck right on the end of the out crop, I stopped to study it for a while. This was because at low water, a snorkeler can simply reach an arm down and touch that anchor without diving down below the surface. Therefore, as the the rollers came across the spot, the huge troughs that precede them should expose that anchor to the fresh air- thus I should be able to catch sight of it laying flat there. Sure enough, as the biggest waves went by, I'm sure I could  just make out the anchor. Sadly, this is an old image above as I didn't have a camera with me. Must try and remember to take one the  next time. Below is a photo I took of the anchor while snorkelling there once. I have found 3 cannons not far from it and all are part of a wreck I discovered and have been investigating there over the years. Nothing else of any note has turned up yet, unfortunately. It all very big boulders down there burying the guns, and thus what ever else remains of the wreck, are all buried underneath the boulders- making it hard to locate anything at all, let alone anything new.





No comments:

Post a Comment