Saturday 8 April 2023

Buchaneer Survey


 My old tub needed a proper survey recently. It was at the request of my insurers who wanted to know it was still all ok- in reality they just want to know what its worth today. £900 later it was deemed to be in good shape. I had a few minor things to take care of like- a bit of floor under the bench in the cabin needed a minor repair and they wanted make sure the sea cock was ok. Yes she is an old tub and even looks tatty by the end of a season but the things that matter are always kept on top of. So I did what was asked and am still working on getting her back on the water. Slapping some new paint on at present; fiddling with a minor steering issue and looking at the engine stuff as usual. Wont be long now and I'll be afloat again. No rush as I'm full of cold and snot at present and feeling a tad miserable because of it.  Hopefully be better by the time Im rubbing down the hull for anti fouling-a miserable job but worse if you have a stinking cold.

Below is a link to her coming alongside the quay here last summer.

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment